Hello. My name is Eric Hunken, and I started this site ; Bpdisorder.info as a site to share my own journey with the many labels of mental illness assigned to me and hopefully to help those that suffer from mental wellness issues, for people who care about themselves or someone who may know someone who may have a mental health disorder.
Here You will find my own Life Story that I put out there to share and hope someone gets some information out of it and realize that sharing mental health issues will lessen the stigma of a Mental Health diagnosis. These are my Labels (diagnoses) Bipolar disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive disorder, and Suicide Ideation. I will explore all these here as well as others.
Thank You for your visit.
Friendly reminder to check you’re not holding tension in your body. Let your shoulders drop, unclench your hands and jaw. Take a deep breath. Much better.
this is a genuine reminder
Thank you to callistomist from where I got this list
Hopefully any of the links below will help you!
Reminder; You’re going to be okay. What you are going through will pass, just remember to breathe.
Here are some distractions to help keep your mind occupied so you aren’t too focused on your thoughts.
- –Draw something
- –This website translates the time into colours.
- –Create your own galaxy.
- –Play flowing.
- –Make a 3D line travel where ever you like.
- –Listen to music.
- –Ocean mood, do nothing for two minutes.
- – 8 hour sleep music.
- –Rainy mood.
- –Coping with nightmares.
- –How to cope with nightmares, 11 steps.
- –Foods that can affect your sleeping, both positive and negatively.
Uncomfortable with silence;
- –Rainy mood.
- –10 hours of rain and thunder.
- –3 hours of rain and thunder.
- –Human heartbeat.
- –Sound of rain on a tin roof.
- –Autumn wind.
- –Rain on a tent
- –Traffic in the rain.
- –Soft traffic.
- –Simply noise.
- –My noise.
- –Rainy cafe.
- –How to stop worrying.
- –Tips to manage anxiety and stress.
- –The 10 best ever anxiety management techniques.
- –Self-help strategies for anxiety.
- –Helping a friend with anxiety.
- –All about worrying.
- –8 myths about anxiety.
Sad, angry and depressed/depression;
- –“I’m always sad”
- –Feeling sad.
- –Going through trauma.
- –“I’m always angry”.
- –Anger management.
- –All about anger.
- –National helplines and websites.
- –Self-help strategies for depression.
- –Dealing with depression at work.
- –Dealing with depression at school.
Isolation and loneliness;
- –Pets and mental health.
- –All about loneliness.
- –“I feel so alone”
- –10 more ideas to help with loneliness.
- –How to deal with loneliness.
- –Alternatives to self-harm and distraction techniques.
- –146 things to do besides self-harm.
- –More alternatives to self-harm.
- –Self-harm alternatives.
- –How to take care of self-harm wounds/injuries.
- –Getting rid of scars.
- –How to help a friend with a drug addiction.
- –What is addiction?
- –All about alcohol and addiction.
- –The facts about drug addiction.
- –Helping a friend with an eating disorder.
- –Eating disorder treatments.
- –Support services for eating disorders.
- –Self-help tips with eating disorders.
- –Eating disorder recovery.
- –Recovering from an eating disorder.
- –100+ reasons to recover.
- –Understanding and managing eating disorders.
Dealing with self-hatred;
- –3 ways to ease self-loathing.
- –How to turn self-hatred into self-compassion.
- –Self-hatred resources.
- –10 step plan to deal with self-hate.
- -International suicide hotlines (1) (2)
- –Preventing suicide.
- –Reasons to stay alive.
- –Dealing with suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- –Coping with suicidal ideation.
- –All about schizophrenia.
- –Helping a person with schizophrenia.
- –Understanding and dealing with schizophrenia.
- –Delusions and hallucinations.
- –Managing your OCD at home.
- –Overcoming OCD.
- –How to cope with OCD.
- –Strategies for dealing with the anxious moments.
Borderline personality disorder;
- –Healthy relationships VS abusive relationships.
- –Emotional abuse
- –Overcoming sexual abuse.
- –Hotlines services.
- –5 ways to escape an abusive relationship.
- –Domestic violence support.
- –Signs of an abusive relationship.
- –What do to if you’re in an abusive relationship.
- –Surviving abuse.
- –What you can do if you’re sexual harassed.
- –Sexual assault support.
- –What to do if you’ve been sexually assaulted or abused.
- –How to stand up against bullying.
- –How to protect yourself when it comes to cyber bullying.
- –How to help stop people bullying you.
Loss and grief;
- –How to cope with a suicide of a loved one.
- –Grieving for a stranger.
- –Common reactions to death.
- –Working through grief.
(Other loss and grief)
- –Seeking help early.
- –All about psychological treatments.
- –Types of help.
- –All about age and confidentiality.
Things you need to remember;
- – Don’t stress about being fixed because you’re not broken.
- -Remember to remind yourself of your accomplishments. Tell yourself that you’re proud of yourself, even if you’re not.
- – This is temporary. You won’t always feel like this.
- -You are not alone.
- -You are enough.
- -You are important.
- -You are worth it.
- -You are strong.
- -You are not a failure,
- -Good people exist.
- -Reaching out shows strength.
- -Don’t listen to the thoughts that are not helping you.
- -Give yourself credit.
- -Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good or bad ones.
- -Treat yourself the same way as you would treat a good friend.
- -Focus on the things you can change.
- -Let go of toxic people.
- -You don’t need to hide, you’re allowed to feel the way you do.
- -Try not to beat yourself up.
- -Something is always happening, you don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen next.
- -You are not a bother.
- -Your existence is more than your appearance.
- -You are smart.
- -You are loved.
- -You are wanted.
- -You are needed.
- -Better days are coming.
- -Just because your past is dark, doesn’t mean your future isn’t bright.
- -You have more potential than you think.
- – Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
Please remember to look after yourself and know that you are more than worth it and you deserve to be happy. Keep smiling
Never forget: Above and beyond everything you see and read here, you are loved. There is no caveat there. You are, and I mean that. There is not now, nor has there EVER been someone who isn’t or who was unlovable. Even the most evil figures in history had someone who loved them, how could it be any less true of you? Your time is precious, not only to yourself but to those who care for you. There won’t always be someone to lean on the moment you need them so it’s up to you to make it until then. That means reaching out, learning to cope (even if for a little while) and remembering what I said: You’re loved. You can do it, I know you can.
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world – start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier – start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
Thank you to emma Elsworthy, you’ll find her blog here…